The Ministry of Water and Environment (MWE) in collaboration with key partners successfully held the first ever UWEWK in March 2018. The event attracted high-level political participation including the Vice President of the Republic of Uganda and the Prime Minister of the Republic of Uganda. Stakeholders presented information, exchanged knowledge, built relationships, and deliberated on pertinent sector issues.
Based on the success of the first UWEWK, the MWE will hold the second UWEWK at the Water Resource Institute in Entebbe from Monday 18 – Friday 22, March 2019. The event will conclude with the annual commemoration of three important International Environmental Days: World Forest Day (March 21st), World Water Day (March 22nd) and World Meteorological Day (March 23rd).
A wide range of water, sanitation and environment stakeholders are expected to attend the event, including policy makers, technocrats, academicians, public and private sector institutions, civil society organizations, non-governmental organizations and consumers.
Concept Note for the Event – Download
Call for Abstracts – Download
This is a call for conference abstracts that address the theme: “Water and Environment: a strategic driver in attainment of Sustainable Development Goals 2030.”
Template for papers – Download
Participant registration: 18-22 March 2019 – Download
Environmental Alert messages for UWEK2019
Presentations by Environmental Alert
- Civil Society Organisation’s Contribution in advancing Uganda’s Green Growth Path; A case of the Environment and Natural Resources Civil Society Organisations Network.
- The Uganda National Forest Stewardship Standard approved and launched; what are the opportunities for advancing responsible Forest Management in Uganda?
- The Contribution of Alternative No-Regret Livelihood Enterprises for building Resilient Communities, Wetland Ecosystems and Associated Catchment in Uganda; A case of communities within Nyarunzinga, Kandekye—Ruhorobero and Nyamuhizi-Kagogo wetland systems catchments in South Western Uganda.
- Advancing Civil Society Organizations and Networks coordination for contribution to effective Renewable Energy Policy formulation and implementation in Uganda.
- The Uganda REDD+ National Strategy was launched in November 2017! So what next moving forward?