The Energy Week is an annual energy awareness event organized by the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development (MEMD) and Partners. It’s an annual awareness campaign that is aimed at sensitizing the public about efficient utilization of energy and alternative modern forms of clean energy. The theme for this year’s energy week is: “Energy and minerals, the drivers for Uganda’s Economic Transformation’’.
As part of the activities of the Annual Energy Week, the Ministry through the Renewable Energy Department shall hold The Biomass Energy Dialogue which will focus on the interventions and the roles the stakeholders can contribute towards the successful achievements of the strategies to promote the use of the technologies.
Environmental Alert has therefore partnered with the Ministry of energy and mineral development to support the biomass dialogue. This event is scheduled to take place on 27th September 2019 at Hotel Africana.
The contribution is derived from the project titled, ‘increasing access to sustainable and renewable energy alternatives in the Albertine Graben.’ This project is being implemented in partnership with the World Wide Fund for Nature-Uganda country office, with financial support from Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD).
- Provide guidance to stakeholders on how to improve quality of biomass energy sector as well as energy performance improvement through dialogue sessions.
- Disseminate information on the sustainable management of the biomass energy resource
- Promote private sector involvement in the development of the biomass energy technologies;
- To support private sector in the sales and marketing of technologies related to biomass energy technologies.
- Networking for the different actors in the biomass value chain.
This event is planned for 27th September 2019 at Hotel Africana.